Why upholstery care? All upholstered furniture becomes soiled with use. Most spills will clean easily on fabric that has been treated with Scotchgard™ Protector. If you chose not to purchase it, here are a few tips on upholstery care to help prevent any further damage.
UPHOLSTERY CARE – UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE HINTS
- Upholstery care tip 1. Blot with a white terry cloth towel while spill is fresh, a dried spill is much harder to remove.
- Upholstery care hint 2. Identify your cleaning code on the fabric, some fabrics do not come with a cleaning tag so when in doubt call Son Bright.
- Upholstery care hint 3. Always follow the directions on the cleaning agent.
- Upholstery care hint 4. Use distilled water with the cleaner if the tag says w/ or ws.
- Upholstery care hint 5. Always check for color fastness before you actually attempt cleaning.
- Upholstery care hint 6. Keep a small spill small! Work lightly, blotting from the center to the edges.
- Upholstery care hint 7. Speed dry using hair dryer on low heat! Again we repeat LOW HEAT! Here are some common cleaning codes:
- w- w/s: Clean with water based cleaner.
- s: Spot clean with a solvent cleaner no water!
- ws: Clean with foam from a water based detergent.
- x: Dry clean only!
* Regular vacuuming and prompt cleanup of spills will help maintain the bright, freshly cleaned look for a long time.
** Remember these are only hints for your upholstered furniture, if you have any questions call Son Bright Diversified.